[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fourier Analysis of meteor rates

At 06:43 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote:

>of 1 or 2 techniques.  Radio detection with computer recording of data
>could generate enough data to analyze on a site by site basis, and then
>correlate data among sites just in case any site suffered from say a
>loss of sensitivity etc.

I don't pretend to even know how to balance my check book, but I do know that Dr. Meisel et al. are presenting a paper at next month's AAS meeting on just this topic:

"Wavelet and Fourier  Analysis of  Radiometeor Rate Data." D. D. Meisel, J. E. Richardson, and A. Mallama.  [Abstract] To be presented at the Summer meeting of the American Astronomical Society.

I'm sure Jim Richardson will jump in here eventually with some input, I know he is wrapped up in final exams right at the moment (just like me!).

Aloha,

Jim B.