[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Meteor Elevation Estimates

George,
	It sounds like a useful idea. Perhaps after one has gained some
experience, this could be added to what is recorded, especially if using
the tape recorder method. However, as  someone who has tried to learn the
entire process of observing and recording meteor data in the last year, I'd
be concerned about overloading the less experienced observer, possibly
compromising the quality of more useful information. It can of course be
recovered from plots using the time, location, and plot; however that is
certainly not easily obtainable....I'm sure Rainer has some magical
software that does it.
	But during the learning process, there's so many skills to develop, I
believe it is best to concentrate on the basics. During the last part of
'96, I did start adding the constellation in which the meteor was sighted,
as per the BAA, since this was something else I could do after about 40 Hrs
Teff, but before that I was much too busy remembering all the other things
:-> I'll consider doing it once I'm back in shape this year.
]
Wayne O-