[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) May 21 sighting

Sir:
   At 11:00p.m PDT I saw a brilliant greenish-blue fireball with
substantial following trail in near-vertical descent in the sky
northeast of Salem, Oregon.  Appearance would suggest that the meteor
was quite close. It appeared to extinguish at low altitude, although
nearby trees may have obscured the last of its' fall.  I would estimate
the trail at a sustained 2-3 degrees of arc.  No sound accompanied.
   Please apprise me of how to access other reports (if any) of this
phenomenon.  If there are questions feel free to e-mail me.

         Howard Roe