[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Sagittarids

Some feedback from meteorobs digest no.456 (the first I've received in over
a week - is everyone hibernating up there?).

Mark wrote:
>The majority of these will be the various ecliptic showers
>radiating from the Scorpius - Sagittarius region. The IMO has combined all
>of these minor radiants into one broad shower...the Sagittarids. NAMN
>members are encouraged to follow suit.

Hi Mark, I'll be out continuing my plotting program started a few years ago
on the Scorpio/Sagittarids.  Last year I found around 5 active radiants.
I'll do the same this year and report each active radiant rather than lump
them all as Sagittarids.  the radiants are up all night here and pass
overhead around local midnight.  I suppose that is different to your
situation.  I'd be happy to confirm any activity you guys observe from up
north.  That's if the weather clears in time.  We have had rain since the
weekend, and today it snowed briefly here in Johannesburg (hey Cathy, the
Great White South??)

KevTK@aol.com wrote:
><<Has anyone recieved the July issue of _ASTRONOMY_?
>It has a new design that I think is a lot better!>>
>

>Someone please tell me what any of this has to do w/ Observing Meteors?

Beats me.  Come on guys, PLEEEEEZE can we limit the non-meteor waffle on
meteorobs.

Bye
Tim