[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observer perception (Lew)

Hi Lew, Hi all

Its a little bit of a story.

In our group, we've noticed that between our different observers, after
we averaged our hourly rates out for each observer that two of our group
had very low rates overall (when observing on the same night and
location as the others) and that one of our members had higher rates
than the rest.  I belive i've read somewhere that every person has a
different sensitivity to a quick flash of light such as in the case of a
meteor.  So when observing if a person has a lower 'perception' they
will see less meteors.  I was wonndering if there is any way to
calculate this for each observer in a group ?

I've herd a little about 'perception coefficient' could somebody explain
how this is worked out and applied

Thanks and Clear skies
Adam