[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) upper winds and meteors

Hi, Brian, is the question you're asking simply whether or not doppler
radar can pick up meteor trails? That's a good one: my untutored opinion is
that it certainly could, since radar has been used extensively in the past
to do meteor research (using a technique called "radiometeor backscatter",
I guess). There are certainly others on the list who could answer this
question in MUCH more detail! How about it, Tom, Jim(s), Werfried, et al?

Lew