[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) re: Meteor talk on IRC

Hi Lew,

> Good question, Steve. We've been using "irc.cetlinkdot net" up till now, but
> several people have had trouble getting through to that server (myself and Kim
> Hay, in particular). I'd suggested maybe using DALnet at "centurion.daldot net",
> since I've had no trouble ever getting through to them, and they are very lax
> about allowing "registration" of new channels. But I guess we're open to
> suggestions at this point!

I also think the second choice is better.
I just was curious whether somebody would be at #meteorobs. However, I got
the following reply:

*** Connecting to port 6667 of server irc.cetlinkdot net
*** *** Please_use_a_European_server_thanks. (from
  RockHill.SC.US.Undernet.Org)

On the other hand I had no problem to connect to centurion.daldot net, even
though nobody was currently there.
Sirko

*           Sirko Molau             *                    __              *
*          Str.246 Nr.16            *             " 2B v 2B "            *
*          D-13086 Berlin           *                                    *
*        sirko.molau@dlrdot de         *                       Shakespeare  *
*      http://www.snafudot de/~smo     *                                    *