[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Xi Draconids?

Alex,

There was the possibility that a minor shower was in progress last
night. That was the main reason George and I were out last night,
trying to verify any activity from the constellation of Draco. Both
both saw minor activity from this constellation as well as random
(sporadic) activity throughout the night.

Meteor activity will increase during the next two months leading up
to the maximum activity of the Perseids, which will peak on the
morning of August 12.

Please feel free to ask questions on this list as we all like to be
helpful and welcome new observers to share the wonders of meteor
watching.

Bob Lunsford
Regional Coordinator
International Meteor Organization
Association of Lunar & Planetary Observers