[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Xi Draconids

Greetings...

Just a brief note.  ALPO member Pierre Martin and I were out meteor
observing last night, June 14/15, for several hours after the moon was out
of the way.  We were watching for any possible Xi Draconids, and saw a
number of possible ones.

I was facing northeast, and Pierre more south, although we shifted a bit due
to some problems with clouds later on.  I decided to plot - my first time
using the IMO plotting maps... interesting ;)  I plotted 3 possible ones
between 5.30 and 6.03 UT, with the radiant in my field of view.  I think
Pierre called more possible candidates than me, although he was not plotting.

Temperature was quite pleasant, about 7C (45F).  We were out west of Ottawa,
at Rolf & Linda Meier's place near Almonte, Ontario.

- Cathy
  Great White North