[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) video system

This message could not be delivered so I have redireced it to: meteorobs

>To: pgural@trgl.saic.com (Pete Gural)
>From: epmajden@mars.ark.com (Ed Majden)
>Subject: video system
>
>Hello Pete:
>        Thanks for your message on your video meteor system.  I am
investigating  setting up my own system to do meteor spectroscopy of faint
meteors.  Stano Components Inc. has an ad in Sky & Telescope for surplus
image intensifiers.  I thought of using one of these as the prices seem
reasonable.  They are sending me data sheets on the intensifiers they have.
The least expensive is $395 for a non selected 2nd generation MCP.  I'll
have to ask, what a better grade one will cost, should I decide to get one
of theirs.  I do photographic spectroscopy but doing it this way my limiting
magnitude for an acceptable spectrum is around -2 or so.  Not a very
frequent occurance so spectra are not easy to get.

>Thanks for your comments: Ed

Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       http://www.serve.com/meteors/majden.html
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy