[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Meteorites and Planets

>UC Berkeley theorists propose explanation for puzzling composition of
>meteorites

>By Robert Sanders

>Chondrules eventually coalesced with the remaining cold matter
>in the planetary disk to form asteroids, which are thought to
>have aggregated into the planets. Asteroids today are found
>primarily in a belt between Mars and Jupiter, serving as the
>source of meteors that frequently cross paths with the Earth.

Hmmmmmm Asteroids are THE source of meteors that frequently cross paths
with the earth????

Mr Sanders never heard of Swift/Tuttle, Tempel Tuttle, Halley's Comet????

And as we all here know, meteors do not cross the earth's path, Meteoroids
do!!!

Tsk Tsk Tsk

Wayne, picking nits off his computer screen :->

Speaking of nits, BTW, noticed an error in Science News about the 1999
Leonids; they say moon will be Full. Bzzzzzzt... just past first quarter.