[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Florida Fireball June 19

Subj:  Fireball
Date:  97-06-20 09:47:25 EDT
From:  WHALEN44

Last nigth (6/19) around 11:15pm EST while sitting inside the house looking
through both a glass sliding door and the screen of my porch, I saw a very
bright fireball travelling SSW, almost horizontal. It had a green glow, and
lasted about 3 seconds covering about 45 degrees. As far as a magnitude
estimate I would'nt hazard a guess since it was only about 25 degrees from
the almost full moon. Seemed about as bright as Venus under dark skies. This
was from Tampa Bay area (Downtown under bad light pollution and very humid
and hazy sky conditions.)

Did anyone else see it?