[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Florida Fireball June 19

<< Subj:  Fireball
 Date:  97-06-20 09:47:25 EDT
 From:  WHALEN44

 Last nigth (6/19) around 11:15pm EST while sitting inside the house looking
 through both a glass sliding door and the screen of my porch, I saw a very
 bright fireball travelling SSW, almost horizontal. It had a green glow, and
 lasted about 3 seconds covering about 45 degrees. As far as a magnitude
 estimate I would'nt hazard a guess since it was only about 25 degrees from
 the almost full moon. Seemed about as bright as Venus under dark skies. This
 was from Tampa Bay area (Downtown under bad light pollution and very humid
 and hazy sky conditions.) >>

This is getting wierd!  There was a green fireball on the night of the 15/16,
I reported one on the night of the 16/17, and now one on 19/20. Although mine
was slightly earlier than this one and slightly later than the first they
were all within a 2 1/2 hour period, all the same color, and all low on the
horizon. Coincedence - I think not.  :)
Maybe is all a promotion for the new movie "Men in Black".  But really - does
it seem a little odd or is it about the statistics class I missed out on in
college. :)

Kevin
Rumor monger and full moon babble starter