Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 20:53:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: MOSWordPro@aol.com
To: webmaster@imodot net
Subject: Metorite showers in mid-April 1990

I have a friend who found a "rock" in his front yard on April 15, 1990.  It
hit and dented the hood of his car, and landed on the ground.  He thinks it's
a stony-iron meteorite and is trying to find out if there was a meteorite
shower in our area on that date.  We are located in Merced, California, USA,
in the central valley of California.

He reported it to the local newspaper, and an article was written.  My friend
received a phone call from another local woman who also found a rock on her
front porch, similar to his.  Unfortunately, she threw hers away.

Can you help me?  Do you know of any meteor showers in Central California on
April 15, 1990?  I'd appreciate any information or leads you can provide.

Thank you.

Barbara Carman
MOSWordPro@aol.com