[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) SKy Party`s

<<      I was wondering if anybody can tell me the dates and where there
 are going
 to be any star party`s in New York  for the month of July through
 September. I also wanted to know if there are any observatory`s in New
 York. >>

With a magnitude limit of about 0 in NYC yhere are few star parties around.
There is on club in the city you can check out a schedule by going to
www.aaa.org.
There is one Observatory on Staten Island, at the College of SI, but I'm not
sure if they are open to the public on a regular basis. There's another in
Long Island called Custer.
 But My favorite is about an hours drive from NYC into NJ called the Paul
Robinson Observatory. Its under the direction of the New Jersey Astronomical
Assn and is open to the public every Saturday nite from 8PM til 10:30 PM and
Sunday afternoons from 2 to 5 PM. The Observatory houses a 26" Newtonian,
which is the largest telescope available to the public in NJ. You can see
them at /ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/nj_astronomical_assoc/    for some
data. The pages are under construction as they are have a new webmaster and
are getting a new server. BTW it is home to the second largest organized
group of meteor observers in the US led by the lovely and talented Mr. Wayne
Hally.  :P

Kevin K
Pres., NJAA