[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Anyone else see Xi Draconids?

<<  Did anyone else, besides Bob Lunsford see any Xi Draconids?  I remember
 George Zay and Cathie Hall saying they would check their plots, but I have
 not heard of anything else definite as yet.

-------------------
Well...I was only able to observe on the night of June 11/12 during the
period of apparent Xi Draconid activity.  I finished my report and I
basically  had a total of 9 meteors out of 33 during a 5 hour observing
period to have a somewhat common radiant at RA 287 deg and Dec. of 53.5 deg.
Nothing obvious from last years radiant. However...out of those 9 at that
above radiant, three I deemed couldn't possibly be related if the radiant was
genuine for a variety of reasons. But the other 6 seem that they could be
related. I don't know what to make out of it...I haven't seen anything
looking like June Lyrids either.  Is there any rationale for a genuine
radiant to jump around for some reasons from year to year like this? I hope
to be sending my reports to Rainer pretty soon..dot been pretty busy at
work...getting in lots of over time lately. Been also arguing about the UFO
myth on various ufo folders in aol.  There sure are a lot of gullible people
out there.
GeoZay