[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Rattle snakes and meteor observing

Bob, Joe  and ?

I was at the observatory last night comet sweeping. I checked in with my
inlaws who live there. They told me that they killed a little rattlesnake by
the doorway to the house. Where there is one little one...there are others
likely in the general area. Just want to remind you when you come out there
to be very careful...particularly around the observatory and the rocks. These
critters like the feel of the warmth emitted from the rocks during the nite
and may be hanging around to bite unsuspecting meteor observers. I guess with
it being summer time, this caution can go out to just about everyone who
observes in the U.S.  Oh! No...I didn't sweep up any comets either.
GeoZay