[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) You leave for a while and...

Hi group,

Leave for a couple of weeks and all kinds of things happen.  Anyone who went
looking for Ed Majden's meteor spectrogram information on the AMS web site,
try again.  Our ISP had a big time crash just after I loaded it up, and
brought up a back up that was created just before I put it up, so it went
missing for two weeks.  Sorry!

Five more fireballs on the Bright Meteor Diary, too.  One seen from
PA/NY/CT/NJ and as far south as MD on the evening of the 15th.  I have to
say that this one was probably just on the edge of being bright enough to
drop a meteor, and it generated a lot of reports over a wide area.  If
TWA800 was hit by a meteorite in this same densely populated area, where are
all the reports from that night?

Aloha,

Jim Bedient
American Meteor Society