[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Closure of the Royal Greewich Observatory

Dear Sir,
It was with great sadness, I found out that the Greatest Historical
Institution in the world will be closing down. The Astronomical
fraternity is shocked by the decision of your Government and
Administration.
To remove Greenwich Observatory, would be like removing the Windsor
Family or Royalty from the British.
I personally feel that is a horrendous misjudgement by your government.
Shurely, you British, as we South Africans, are proud of our
heritage/historical buildings and institutions!!! Your Monuments
Commission should be able to do something about it!!!
I am speaking under correction, but is'nt Her Majesty your custodian of
Sciences??? Is she aware of this unforgiveable action of your
government.
Speak to Spike Milligan, he has a lot of influence on British heritage.
He may be "The Court Jester" sir, but he had all the old lamp posts
replanted after WALKING into Parliament and raising the roof!!!
I sincerely hope that this error will be corrected.
Imagine a world without GMT.
Absolutely appalling!!! Universal Time.???? God Forbid!!!

--
Bill Hollenbach  ah52@solo.pipex.co.za
Partner of the Cederberg Observatory