[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Another Fireball in S. Calif

<< George,

 What the heck are you doing? You have used up 2 years worth of
 fireballs in consecutive nights! If you're drinking something to stay
 awake please let me in on your little secret. I would also like to
 see fireballs like this every night.
Bob

---------------------
Well Bob....that's how I feel...I most likely won't see another like those
two for the rest of the year...still upset about not catching either on film.
The first one was just barely out of the frame  by paralleling it. The one
this morning, I didn't really have too much hope ...but still had my fingers
and toes crossed. This morning I observed for 5 hours and plotted 52
meteors...activity is starting to get better, but couldn't tell you off hand
from what areas. I didn't pay too much attention to that aspect. Plan on
going by my plots later when I do my reports. I might have seen 2 or 3
possible Perseids...but still don't know just yet. Drinking something to stay
awake? ...Just water...but the getting up and down from the observatory to
adjust the camera every half hour sure jogs the grey matter to a more
conscious level than without the camera. I really think that little
inconvenience helps.
George