[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Noctilucent Clouds

Steve H. wrote:  >>>... I wonder whether there is a connection between
E-layer radio-reflectivity and the clouds?<<<

I have often wondered about a possible correspondence between noctilucent
clouds and sporadic-E radio phenomena. Does anyone know if radio meteor
observers, sporadic-E monitors ( known as radio DX'ers ), and NLC observers
have ever compared data?

I wonder if there is a periodic comet related meteor dust quality that is
under the threshold of incandescence so that a meteoric particle would
neither be visually detectable nor reflective of individual radio scatter
bursts.

I wonder if there are certain cometary meteor showers ( as yet to be
discovered? ) that are made up of particles so fine that they are not
detectable as "normal" meteor showers but in fact cause a distinct infusion
of dust into the ionosphere resulting in sporadic-E and NLC.

Has this topic been studied well?

Clear skies,
Tom Ashcraft
Santa Fe, New Mexico