[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) "Meteorite Streams"

>Report puts meteorite streams into mainstream science
>
>WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. -- The road map for our solar system may be sprinkled
>with streams of meteoroids, says a Purdue University professor.

Could someone please enlighten me as the significance of this announcement?
I thought the meteor "showers" that have been observed since who knows when
were considered such meteor "streams"?? Is the significance in having linked
a number of meteorites by their chemical makeup?

And if so, what "shower" were these Sept/October meteors from?

Thanks, Steve Harrison