[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 14 Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I observed for 3 hours this morning from the Descanso Observatory. I
counted 44 meteors in that span which was very satisfying compared to
the recent rates I have seen. There were 2 negative magnitude meteors
plus 4 zero magnitude meteors. A great majority of the activity was
sporadic as only 1 possible Perseid and 2 Alpha Caps were seen. For the
first time in many, many weeks there were clouds present during the
session. The patches of cirrus were pretty much confined to the western
sky but a few did float overhead. These were so thin that the Milky way
was still easily seen through the clouds. A slight change in field of
view kept the clouds from affecting my limiting magnitudes.

This was probably my last session until the last week of the month when
I will be concentrating on the Aquarid/Capricornid complex.

0830-0930 UT   .87   6.42   1 CAP   17 SPO   18 TOTAL

0930-1030 UT   .89   6.39   1 CAP   1 PER   13 SPO   15 TOTAL

1030-1130 UT   .92   6.33   11 SPO   11 TOTAL

TeFF reduction: 15 sec per entry (no plot), 30 sec per entry with plot.

I was facing East at an elevation of 60 degrees. Occasional cirrus was
present the last two hours.

Beginning Temperature/Relative Humidity:   51 F (11C)   46%

Ending Temperature/Relative Humidity:   47 F (8 C)   46%

Bob Lunsford

------- FORWARD, End of original message -------