[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) TWA800 and meteors

Jim Richardson:

You stated: "In order to reach the conclusion that something
as remotely possible as a meteorite strike cause this tragedy will require
some very careful investigation and substantial evidence.  I would hate to
see the investigators jump on this nearly impossible scenario, only to miss
the real cause"

Thanks for your input. I am an engineer not a scientist. But I have been
successful in my profession. As an aircraft engineer I can think of no cause
for this accident.

I agree getting hit by meteor is at least a billion to one. You stated it
will require some very careful investigation and substantial evidence. My
point is that it appears that the NTSB or FBI are not looking for meteor
evidence. All I am after is to get them to check for that evidence.

How can anyone overlook the fact that approximately 200 witnesses saw this
light in the vicinity of the aircraft. Reports in the past week by the NTSB
has at least mentioned the word meteor and they add or space junk. I some
cases these witnesses have offered additionnal data but they have not been
contacted.

Best Regards,

Lloyd Mielke