[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Flight 800 and meteors

<<
 Over two hundred people saw a streak of light and some say they saw this
 light hit the aircraft. The aircraft was at approx.13,000 feet therefore, if
 they could see it as a light it still would must have been glowing hot at
 less than three (3) miles high.

---------------
For a meteor to be still glowing hot at only 3 miles up, wouldn't this mean
that it would still have intact it's cosmic velocity? Now, a relatively small
object would lose this cosmic velocity a lot further up I would think?
So..dot it would have to be a relatively massive object. In Norton's book, Rocks
in Space, an almost ten ton object would lose all it's cosmic velocity at the
moment it hits the ground. If slightly smaller, it would lose all it's cosmic
velocity(and hot glowing look) at a higher altitude. It would seem to me to
be a very difficult trick for a relatively large object to go unnoticed in
many ways ...sonic booms and a very firey look to it with perhaps many
accompanying glowing pieces.  Then on the other hand, a small object would
lose it's cosmic velocity and reach it's point of retardation(it's glowing)
at a much higher altitude than 3 miles. Besides the odds of a 747 getting hit
by a meteor...the witnesses descriptions don't match anything I would expect
if a meteor was the cause. It just doesn't have the "looks" of a meteor low
enough to do the damage.
GeoZay