[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Zenith Attraction Quuestion

So, the path actually does not get bent all that much in any case, just a
"few" degrees? OK...I was thinking along the lines that if the path were
bent more like 45 degrees, then the ionization trail behind the meteoroid
could cause a drastic radio-wave-reflection polarization shift from
predominantly-horizontal to a-lot-of-vertical; but it would take something
more like 20+ degrees to cause a noticeable change of these
characteristics.

The other thing is that 25 kps is pretty slow to start with and might not
provide much ionization at the radio frequencies I'm considering in the
first place

Perhaps not. Some of the faster showers might, but their path doesn't
change much. WWW