[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) July 29 Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I observed for 4 hours this morning from the Descanso Observatory. I was
worried about low clouds creeping up the mountain but it turned out to
be high clouds from dissipating thunderstorms over the desert that
caused me trouble. The first hour started out like gangbusters with 29
meteors seen. The only clouds present was a strip along the eastern
horizon well away from my field of view. During the second hour these
clouds began rising higher in the eastern sky and caused minimal
interference. Unfortunately during the last two hours my field of view
was half obscured and many meteors were lost. I still ended up with a
total of 74 meteors for the night but I did miss the reappearance of
Aldebaran from behind the moon due to the clouds.

0800-0900 UT   .98   6.56   1.00   3 CAP   7 PER   5 SDA   3 SIA   11
SPO     29 TOTAL

0900-1000 UT   .98   6.52   1.11   2 CAP   1 NDA   1 PAU   3 PER   3
SDA   1 SIA   12 SPO   23 TOTAL

1000-1100 UT   1.00   6.12   2.00   2 PER   2 SDA   7 SPO     11 TOTAL

1100-1200 UT   1.00   5.77   2.00   1 CAP   2 PER   2 SDA   6 SPO   11
TOTAL

TeFF reduction: 15 sec per plot. The number following the limiting
magnitude denotes the cloudiness correction factor (F).

I was facing South at an elevation of 70 degrees.

Beginning Temperature/Relative Humidity:   50 F   (10 C)  47%

Ending Temperature/Relative Humidity:   49 F   (9 C)   65%

Bob Lunsford