[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observa. Aug 2/3 ZAYGE

My Meteor observations for Aug 2/3, 1997.

I started my meteor recording at 7h03 UT(midnight 3 min local) under clear
skies with Limiting magnitudes near 5.9 from my Descanso, Calif. Observatory.
The brightest meteors were again a mixed bag of three -1 magnitude meteors. I
observed for a total of 3 hours. A cloud formed right over me right after the
first two hours...after 35 minutes it moved completely away and I had another
1 hour of clear skies before another dense cloud layer moved over and ended
the observations near 4 am local. The observing Teff times were adjusted to
show  camera operations down time. The shower breakdown is as follows:

S. Delta Aquarids = 15
N. Delta Aquarids = 4
Perseids = 13
S. Iota Aquarids = 3
Piscis Austrinids = 2
Kappa Cygnids = 0
alpha Capricornids = 4
Sporadics = 16
Total = 41

Observing Period breakdown:
7h03-9h16 = 9SDA, 2NDA, 8PER, 2SIA, 1PAU, 0 KCG, 3CAP,
8 Sporadics.
Teff= 2.1 hours
7h49-10h52 = 6SDA, 2NDA, 5PER, 1SIA, 1PAU, 0 KCG, 1CAP,
8 Sporadics
Teff = 1.0 hours
George Zay