[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor the Movie...

Hi all,
        Last night I saw a movie on UPN 9 named Meteor at 11:30 EST. It's
about a scientist who discovered a huge meteor 5 kilometers wide and
heading to earth at a speed of 30 miles per a hour. Then the Russian
government and United States had to combine nuclear warheads from the
satellites Hercules and Peter the Great to blow up the meteor, but
there's a couple of question I wanted to ask.
Does NASA have a plan in case something like that was to happen?
After the show was finished it said the United States had a project named
Icarus to handle a problem like this, is that true?
Also, have any of you seen this movie?

Clear skies,
Conrad Humphrey (Amateur Astronomer)
Donwon1@juno.com