[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Possible Chondrite.

<< I am trying to prove it is NOT a meteor, because if I cannot, it must be
 a meteor.
 I will take it to work tomorrow and photograph it on our digital camera.
 Should you like to see a pic of it, I will send you one as sson as I
 have it.
 The only person, who I know that might know what it is, is at the South
 African Museum.  >>

Sure, I'd like to see a pic.  You may have a stony meteorite, most of the
falls are stones, and not irons as some people think. The "frogs eggs" you
describe might well be chondrules. The fact that it did not attract a magnet
is troubling, for even stones have enough iron for attraction. Did you use a
good magnet? I mean, not like a kitchen magnet.

Testing by your expert will be the conclusive evidence. Good luck w/ it.

BTW once a meteor hits the ground it is a meteorITE.

Kevin