[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observa. goof for Aug 4/5 ZAYGE

Well...this was suppose to be my observation summary for the night of Aug
4/5....I had observed for 4.5 hours under clear skies just like the previous
night. In recording my data, I use my trusty tape recorder....well, as I was
just trying to retrieve the info, I've discovered that my tape recorder
wasn't so trusty after all. The dern thing crapped out on me from the get go
last night. I've heard about these things happening and that you should check
your recordings every once in a while to see if everything was going
okay...but I didn't heed this advice and now I have a dataless night on my
hands. Man am I ticked off. I have another tape recorder and just thoroughly
checked it out..dot it's okay...at least it wasn't the peak nite. I had the
camera running and recorded that data onto another tape recorder next to the
camera mount...dot it's okay. all I have is accurate start and stop times of the
camera. I didn't see any fireballs...but I think I captured a -1 sporadic on
one of the frames...won't know for a few days when I develop that roll with
some other nights efforts. The meteor activity seemed to be a little better
than the previous night overall...that is I think i had something in the
neighborhood of about 90 meteors. I didn't sense any increase in Perseid
activity however...about the same as the previous night.
George Zay