[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Shower Outburst Observed in NWT August 6 1997

An apparently unrelated to the long duration report I sent out about an
hour ago  (?) unusual meteor activity report just came in by fax.  Between
06:54 and 06:55 UT on August 6 1997 11 meteors were observed.  All occurred
between 60 and 80 degrees above the NE and E horizon.  All bursts
"travelled from a lower angle upwards" (i.e. horizon very low in the NE or
ENE sky).   Each were white, about 1 s duration, and no sound.  Observed
from 60 N latitude, 111 deg 58m W longitude.  This is all the information I
have at this time.

Bob Hawkes
rhawkes@mtadot ca