[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: "Meteor" Obser. Aug 6/7 ZAYGE

<< George,

 I thought you might be in trouble last night, judging from the IR sat
 picture I was looking at around 1 AM EDT.  A strung-out batch of clouds
 SW-NE was creeping up your way from Mexico, and already covered the eastern
 half of the Cal-Mex border.  Do you look at a sat picture before you head
out?

-------------
Norman,
There seems to be always clouds coming up that direction this time of
year...usually though when they hit the mountains they stop and kinda linger
over the desert and the eastern side of the local mountain range....this
morning they kept coming. The local forecast was for clear skies over the
mountains with fog and low clouds forming over the coast...which is quite
typical. I usually just look at the pictures from the weather channel and the
local forecasts in the news and newspaper...and then formulate my own
opinion....and on some iffy nights...I just gamble and take my chances...like
what I'm doing tonight..dot it doesn't look all that favorable right now...but
I'll be out there and see how things develop....If you're not out there to
begin with...you stand no chance at all....
George