[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Computer Recording

Dear George,

> Do you enter the meteor's magnitudes?
 Yes I do and whether there is a trail or not .
members of other showers are assigned different keys to allow them to be
entered with just one stroke and labeled.
Do you enter persistent train
> durations? no...Color? Yes
 Do you enter dead time from moments that you might have I enter a key
stroke and then write a comment like brk and then time in with a key stroke
and write brk.
I also do this for checking magnitudes as well.

 This system will break down to just counting major shower members
during very high activity as the other data such as color , magnitude
and trail and others cannot be keyed in. Just as in tape recording
you just can not keep up.
  The beauty of the lap top is you can get a better idea of any minor
or major peaks in a shower more accuratetly by time.

--

             Dr. Louis S. Binder,Optometrist
                Member Fort Bend Astronomy Club