[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Re: Real TV

At 06:16 08-08-97 EDT, you wrote:
>except maybe a spectaular Fireball, daytime
>preferred of course; or an actual video of the first reported meteorite
>penetrating the skull of a man whose leg is being chewed off by a tiger as
>lightning strikes the hyena that is chewing off the tiger's belly all being
>levitated into a silvery UFO steered by vegetable shaped aliens).

Great story! I suggest this UFO should also cary the Holy Grail or
something similar quasi-religic....

Hello Wayne, hello Becky,

Thanks for all good advise. We already thought it might be something like
this. But maybe, we have some video for them in which one of our less
carefull observers has his fingers chopped off by a stainless steel
rotating meteor camera shutter... Anyway, we first will have a small
internal discussion in our group I guess before sending the materials, if
we do....

TV and Radio coverage is always tricky. Actually, we have been involved
quite some times with Radio and TV guys, though Dutch, but I guess they are
similar to American. It is just as Wayne says: sometimes you can get nice
publicity for the hobby or society from it, if you are willing to except
some flaws. Sometimes they make something very good of it (National TV
filmed our Hale Bopp observations last spring: a splendid documentary),
sometimes something very poor (I was in a radio-programm on internet about
our homepage: almost strangled the selfconvinced guy behind the mike with
his easy doing criticism on some things), sometimes inbetween.
It is a matter of trial and error. But you can reduce the error if you know
which programs to take serious or not.

Well, again thanks for all good advise. Wayne, if you want to see some of
our stuff, take a look at our homepage. It includes some video-loops of
meteors and the soundtrack of the sonic boom.

-Marco and Casper

Leonids-'98? A once (twice?) in your lifetime appearance! You can't afford
to miss it!

Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Phone: +31-30-2203170;  Fax: +31-30-2202695;  GSM: +31-6-54723974
E-mail1: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl;  E-mail2: casper.ter.kuile@rivmdot nl
WWW: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm