[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Southern California Meteor Watching Weather

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

George and I are looking at mostly clear skies right now but our main
concern tonight is the fog and how high it will be. Should it obscure
the skies at the observatory we will be forced (minus cameras) to move
further up the slope toward Mt. Laguna. So we will almost certainly
obtain some data, the question is where will it be from; the nice cozy
confines of the observatory or out in the wilds with the big kittys.
There are some mid-level clouds to our north but they seem to be moving
toward the east and probably pose no problems.

Monday night/Tuesday morning: our main concern is high clouds from the
remnants of hurricane Guillermo which are heading this way. We pray that
they hold off at least until daylight Tuesday.

Clear skies to all!

Bob