[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Persieds

Hi All!!

I hope everyone had clear skies for the Persied watch.  I have not
tabulated what I had observed yet, however, I just wanted to get some
confirmation and report  on a very bright meteor, or a a bolide that
went through about 4:24 am edt, 8:24 UT this morning.

I was closing up the observatory, as clouds had come in and covered
everything, however, the sky lit right up producing a violet colour
to the clouds. As I turned to looked, it was coming from the milky
way and heading north, the train, from under the cloud lasted for 3-5
seconds.

It was awesome!!!

I would like to know if anyone seen this, with no cloud cover. Other
than that, the meteors seemed to move quite a bit between 2-3 am edt,
but did not see anykind of increase after 4:00 am as predicted, but
then again, it did clear shortly after the spectacular event. Stayed
up till 4:52 then it was getting light.

Kim Hay

kimhay@adan.kingstondot net
Moonlight Cascade BBS (613-353-7369)
Highlights Astronomy,SciFi,Cooking & Health
http://www1.kingstondot net/~kimhay
44.28.28N 76.29.45W