[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Reported Fireball Magnitudes

My unskilled $0.02: I was observing near North Bend, Washington (east of Seattle) on Tuesday morning, from about 02:30 until about 04:20 PDT, clear skies, no clue as to the LM. I observed a fair number of meteors (I'm lame, I wasn't recording anything), along with 2 very bright ones which may be classified as fireballs. They were both significantly brighter than Jupiter, bright enough to illuminate the landscape slightly. Both left persistent trains, the brighter second meteor left a long train that distorted visibly in the minute or so I could see it.

-Peter Loron

=========== REPLY PARTITION ===========