[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Reported Fireball Magnitudes

ED<<  I'm not doubting your observational
 skills. <<

Well Ed...this is the impression that I'm getting from your messages. You are
saying that you don't see the bright one's yourself...as well as what was
being seen in the 1950's....Are you recording your data during the recent
perseid peaks or just operating a camera and scanning the skies on occasion?

 Ed>>Perhaps something has indeed changed from obervations conducted in
 the 1950's and the present.  It would be nice to know, WHAT!!<<

Well...one of the differences from the 1950's and now is that comet
Swift-Tuttle has recently returned bringing along a New Peak and a slug of
debris that's relatively close to the comet within it's orbit. If Millman and
others didn't get anything brighter than -4 then... perhaps it has something
to do with that?
George Z.