[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) PERSEIDS Aug 11/12 from Central California

Hi Joseph,

>   professional meteor scientist!   Along with Peter and myself, there was
>   Peter's "hardware guy" Mike, who was resposible for camera and video setups
>   In addition, there was a very nice group of 11 volunteers who showed up to
>   observe and assist in plotting.  WOWEE!  11 plotters, 2 counters, 2
>   mulitple-camera platforms, 1 image-intensified video tape platform AND Dr
>   Jenniskens all under clear starry skies out in the middle of nowhere Calif.

they *plotted* the Perseid maximum??? Poor guys! ;-))
Many years ago we also plotted every night starting in mid-February with a
few each hour until the maximum of the Perseids and Geminids with up to
hundred and more. I would never like to do it again! As you plot a
meteor under maximum conditions you miss the next two or three and
hear from you excited neighbours *what* a fine meteor you have missed...
We just created the new 'law': If somebody is doing something bad
(like sleeping during a watch) he will be punished with meteor plotting
not below ZHR 200. =:-)
Sirko

*           Sirko Molau             *                    __              *
*         Verbindungsweg 7          *             " 2B v 2B "            *
*          D-15366 Hoenow           *                                    *
*        sirko.molau@dlrdot de         *                       Shakespeare  *
*      http://www.snafudot de/~smo     *                                    *