[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) IMO-NEWS: Perseid Circular 1997

Hi, Kim!

At 11:55 AM 8/16/97 +0000, you wrote:
>> [Sure would have been nice to see my "GRALE" code in this night's
>> observations... Oh, well, maybe next year! -Lew, message forwarder]
>This may sound a little silly, but what is a GRALE code??

GRALE is my 5-letter IMO code! ("GRAmer, LEwis" - sort of like Bob Lunsford
is known as LUNRO, and Cathy Hall is HALCA.) I was just expressing
disappointment that my Perseid max night (and several before and after) was
clouded out...

>I do have meteor data, but I think I have other meteor showers mixed
>in with them.  So, until I can figure out what other meteor showers
>were present, I cannot give accurate numbers.

Actually, Kim, if you mean that you were distinguishing ONLY "Perseids and
non-Perseids", I think a lot of very experienced observers do that on
nights of major shower maxima! If you mean that you weren't counting
Perseids separately, then you probably should hold of on reporting data
until you pick up that canny skill of distinguishing shower members...

Clear skies to all!
Lew Gramer, GRALE