[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Reported Fireball Magnitudes

        I have just received the preliminary fish-eye camera fireball
results from Ondrejov Observatory in the Czech Republic courtesy of Dr Jiri
Borovicka.

        11/12 August  -  7 Perseids  (-3.0 to -5.0 magnitude range)

        12/13 August  -  9 Perseids  (as above)

        Only two meteors were brighter than magnitude -5.0

        That's all that I was looking for folks, Conformation!  My bright
meteor rates were no where near that high.  I had an assistant on the 10/11
August that was a former head of Satellite Tracking at Cold Lake Alberta.  I
worked alone on the other nights.  I did not observe on a continuous bases
as I was often busy attending to the spectrographs.  My observation site is
located near sea level so that may drop my magnitude perception a bit when
compared to sites at higher elevations.
        It would be interesting to get fish-eye results from other
locations.  Something to think about in future years.

Ed
Edward Majden                         epmajden@mars.ark.com
1491 Burgess Road                     Meteor Spectroscopy
Courtenay, B.C.                       http://www.serve.com/meteors/majden.html
CANADA  V9N-5R8                       Amateur Astronomy