[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re[2]: (meteorobs) PERSEIDS Aug 11/12 from Central California

>.I know what Dr. Jenniskens had in mind but he could not have possibly
>expect novices to accurately plot meteors on their first attempt. I
>agree with Sirko that one would miss too many meteors if attempting to
>plot the Perseids or Geminids.
>Bob
    Bob,

    What did he have in mind??  Obviously a novice can't be expected to
  provide a researcher with accurate meteor plots for, let's say, radiant
  determination.  However, is it unreasonable to think that a group of
  educated and motivated (novice) observers could provide a researcher with
  "ballpark" plots so that, later, these plots could be used to time
  stamp meteors caught on photograph?   In such case, plots do not need to be
  100% expertly accurate... right?

    Joseph