[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) mailto:webmaster@imodot net (fwd)

^---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 18:41:44 -0600
From: Jacob Samorodin <af222@broadway.sfn.saskatoon.skdot ca>
To: webmaster@imodot net
Subject: mailto:webmaster@imodot net

  On the night of August/18 of this year. At around 9:25 P.M.
CMT, I happened to be looking east, just north of the near
full-moon, when I, and some others, spotted an extremely bright
fireball (far brighter than Jupiter, which was also in the
sky at the time), reaching a magnitude, briefly, comparible to
say a crescent moon,. I was in Saskatoon, Canada at the time.
The fireball appeared to descend nearly vertically. Have there
been any reports of sonic-booms heard from the areas of north
central Saskatchewan, from that time?
The fireball appeared to be somewhere 20 to 30 degrees
north-east of the near full moon, at the time.
Could you confirm what I have witnessed? It appeared to
to be conical: that is, if you have seen illustrations of
the old Apollo spacecraft during fiery re-entries, with their
blunt shields carving out an incandescent path through the
atmosphere; this fireball I saw reminded me of that.
    UTTERLY SINCERE; Jacob Samorodin
      e-mail: af222@sfn.saskatoon,skdot ca