[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re[2]: (meteorobs) PERSEIDS Aug 11/12 from Central California

<<  What did he have in mind??  Obviously a novice can't be expected to
   provide a researcher with accurate meteor plots for, let's say, radiant
   determination.  However, is it unreasonable to think that a group of
   educated and motivated (novice) observers could provide a researcher with
   "ballpark" plots so that, later, these plots could be used to time
   stamp meteors caught on photograph?   In such case, plots do not need to
be
   100% expertly accurate... right? >>

Wouldn't it then be a less of a waste of time to just describe the meteor
into a tape recorder w/ the usual information adding the meteor's appearance
and disappearance marks. I don't know - just my $.02.

Kevin