[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) AVI files for Meteor Tracking?

Hi Franklin,

> The IMO has a program to measure meteors and one
> of the inputs is a windows video format AVI.

right. That's the AstroRecord software of Marc de Lignie. He worte this
program first hand for measuring photographs from Kodak Photo-CD, but
later extended it for video observations. It is directly available from
IMO's website at http://www.imodot net/photo/photsoft.html
I don't want to say more here, since the programmer himself is also an
active meteorobs subscriber. Just ask him directly if you have any
specific questions. :-)

> I have
> looked at all the documentation I have and noone
> says anything about how one makes a AVI file from
> a video tape.  Can someone advise me on how that
> can be done.

I had the same problem some time ago. There are some utility programs in
the public domain (or shareware) that can create AVIs from series of
single images and vice versa. I'm not completely sure, but I think the
'Video for Windows' software has that feature, too! Unfortunately I
cannot recall where I got the VfW package from. :-\
Maybe directly form the homepage of Microsoft? Unfortunately I cannot
access www.microsoft.com in the moment (This server does not have an DNS
entry!) to check that out.

> VCR on slow motion.  IMO is not up today or the
> address has changed.

Maybe you have tried the old address? The URL of our homepage is
http://www.imodot net, and right now the server is running.
Sirko

*           Sirko Molau             *                    __              *
*         Verbindungsweg 7          *             " 2B v 2B "            *
*          D-15366 Hoenow           *                                    *
*        sirko.molau@dlrdot de         *                       Shakespeare  *
*      http://www.snafudot de/~smo     *                                    *