[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) New e-mail "address"

>Made the above changes to the various places I have your address. Let me
>know if they cause any problems. I have a NAMN "Member Profile" for the
>next
>issue of R/R. WOuld it be best for me to send it to you to be incorporated
>now, or just hold on to it until the next issue?
	Migfht as well hold it. Next issue is 36 hours away. :->

>What's been going on up there? I haven't seen you on the meteorobs list as
>much as in recent months.
	Just insanely busy at work, way behind on processing my reports,
trying to do all the meteor writing I want to (all deadline oriented), and
trying to maintain a life. SOS! Plus, since I can't chat yet, I'm outside
part of the loop. Soon to be fixed!

>I totally missed the Perseids this month,
>contimuing a 1997 tradition!
Well the NJAA did pretty good, despite awful sky conditions. I had 2 night
that started at +5.25 for 2 hours, then deteriorated to ~ +4.9 the last 2
hours before dawn as the Gulf of Mexico moisture thickened. But it was the
nights before the peak, and you never know when you might be the only
one.....Kevin and a new observer (Tom Kucharski) covered the three nights
before that! Finally, we're a team, and doing the things a team can
do...extending coverage beyond what life will allow one person. I'm very
proud and encouraged. My efforts are starting to pay off. And I've got 2 or
3 others that are almost ready to go; still tweaking the form filling out
thing.

>But in exchange, I have a mailbox full of
>reports waiting to be looked at.
	And you haven't even got mine yet... I have about 10 stacked up, but
the perseid ones were under such lousy sky conditions, I figure they are
pretty low priority
I HOPE to get back in the swing of things
>the end of August/first of September.
	Well I hope so too; however, with a strong El Nino, the outlook for
winter along the entire southern tier of states ain't too good. I will
definatly have to get that coffin built, lest I occupy one permanently this
winter. We may have to cover a LOT of NA observations this year.

Clear skies! Here Here!!!

Wayne

Mark