[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V1 #500

<having novice observers plot during a Perseid maximum. As far as I can see,
<I agree with Joseph and the plotting efforts were intended as support for
<Peter's photographic effort. He simply needed the appearance time of each
<photographed meteor and in order to correlate a time with a meteor it is
<best when the meteor is plotted, even when done in a very rough way.
>Marc de Lignie

   Dear Marc, Sirko, Bob, and others,

     Thank you...  and BTW, the intention of my original post was simply to
  describe what I experienced, during the Persied peak, with a group of
  observers headed by Dr Peter Jenniskens... and to say what an
  awesome and fun time it was.   However, unintentionally, it also started
  this roundtable discussion on the pros and cons of having novice
  observers plot meteors during the peak night of a major meteor shower.
  Perhaps, when Peter returns from Japan, he can enlighten us as to the
  rationale of his observational methodology.

      Reagrds,

      Joseph Assmus
      San Diego, CA  USA