[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Observing before midnight (was Re: (meteorobs) Question?)

At 05:52 PM 8/25/97 -0400, Mark Davis wrote:
>There may be times when early morning sessions are out of
>the question due to family or work, while an hour or two before midnight is
>workable. This might be a way for our members to coordinate even more
>observations?......

I'm GLAD you mentioned that, Mark! :) In fact, I've been thinking that I
might JUST be able to manage a regular observing regimen (i.e., enough
hours each month to make my data statistically useful), *IF* I concentrated
on observing during pre-midnight hours... In fact, since folks seem to
agree that the evening is generally an almost UNCOVERED time of the night
for most observers, I might even INCREASE my chances of providing unique
and useful data by observing mostly then.

Admittedly, it would be a great deal duller, but I enjoy just looking at
the night sky anyway. Thoughts from anybody?

Lew