[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Question

<< One never knows when that big
 one is going to burn in through the atmosphere, and if we are made to
 believe that only the good stuff happens after midnight, well that's just
not so.
 It's true that our position favors meteor watching after midnight, but if we
want to nurture the up and coming, then let's not discourage early evening
observations. >>

I'd never be the one to discourage someone but how discouraging is it to sit
there as a brand new observer  for a few early evening hours and see one or
even worse - see nothing.  I would try and make a deal w/ my parents if I was
a youngster that if I got all my homework done, cleaned my room (whatever),
 and took a nap on a Friday in exchange to Observe for an hour or so around
midnight, even if it means just once a month with a short drive to a darker
site.